Position Type: Full-time, hourly position with competitive benefits
Competitive Pay: $23-$25/hr DOE
Esprit® Cosmetic Surgeons and the Meridian Center for Surgical Excellence comprise a premier plastic surgery center in Portland, Oregon. Our practice is dedicated to the highest standards of patient care and customer service. We work hard to create a company culture that all our team members will enjoy and offer competitive pay.
We are currently recruiting a patient-focused medical receptionist with at least one year of relevant experience (ideally in aesthetics and/or a cosmetic surgery environment) to join our practice!
The right candidate must provide thoughtful, supportive, and enthusiastic concierge-level service to new and existing patients. The candidate should be a TEAM player, hardworking, thorough, persistent, organized, sincere, empathetic, and able to nurture relationships with current and future patients. The right candidate genuinely cares about patients!
To be successful in this role, you should also be able to multitask and deal with patient and practice needs in a timely, CALM, and effective manner.
For consideration, please provide your resume via the job posting on ZipRecruiter.
Customer Service and Reception
- Enthusiastically respond to initial email and telephone contacts with new and existing patients.
- Welcome and health-screen patients who visit the office for scheduled appointments.
- Inform patients about the products, procedures, treatments, and surgeries that we provide.
- Schedule patient appointments in the office and by phone, provide accurate information and follow through.
- Triage and transfer patient phone calls to appropriate clinical and administrative staff.
- Be a “face” of the practice to all patients and maintain a professional and personable demeanor while representing our brand.
- Handle patient payments and assist with end-of-day processing and reconciliation.
- Send, receive, scan, document, and distribute important medical information.
- Keep patient waiting areas, restroom, and break room looking their best and stocked as needed.
- Jump in with helping to prep exam rooms and rooming patients as needed.
- Exemplary customer service skills.
- Superior phone etiquette and auditory charisma. Articulate.
- Ability to genuinely empathize and connect with patients on a personal level – like a friend would.
- Willingness to learn and adopt Esprit’s clinical procedures and follow detailed scripts in talking with patients by phone and in-person.
- Ability to deal with patient complaints warranted or not, with an empathetic, solution-based approach.
- Must be a detail-orientated, reliable, and motivated individual that can multi-task in a fast-paced work environment.
- Ability to always maintain patient confidentiality and have an understanding of basic HIPAA concepts.
- Have a general understanding that your job and job responsibilities may evolve and change as the company’s needs do.
Experience and Education
- A minimum of one year of related experience.
- Prior experience in the cosmetic surgery, dermatology, and/or medical spa industry is preferred but not required.
- Strong computer skills and ability to use and create documents in MS Word and MS Excel.
- Familiarity with electronic medical record systems (preferred but not required).
- Strong written and verbal communication skills (bi-lingual a plus but not required).
We have extensive, Covid-19 precautionary measures in place to ensure staff and patient safety. All of our staff is vaccinated for Covid-19 and you must be vaccinated or willing to get vaccinated and provide documentation of the 1st shot before your start date and then continue to get 2nd and/or booster shots as they become available.
For hire, you must be willing to undergo drug testing and a background check, in accordance with local law/regulations.