Medical Assistant and/or Aesthetician/Scribe
Esprit Cosmetic Surgeons and the Meridian Center for Surgical Excellence comprise a plastic surgery center in Portland. Our practice is dedicated to the highest standards of patient care and customer service. The right candidate should be a highly driven professional, confident, organized, sincere, able to nurture relationships with current and future patients, and must possess the ability to provide concierge-level services.
In a perfect world, we would love to recruit a patient-focused clinical professional with experience as a medical assistant, aesthetician, and ability to work as a scribe in clinic and surgical procedure settings. This is an excellent opportunity to work in multiple roles. You will never be bored!
We work hard to create a company culture that all our team members will enjoy and offer competitive pay.
Position Type: Part-time likely developing into full-time, hourly position. To start, must be available M/W as a medical assistant and scribe, 8 am-5:30 pm. This job has the potential to quickly evolve into a full-time position by including additional workdays in Aesthetic Medicine, within the scope of M-F 8-5pm. Very occasional need to work outside of the normal work week (i.e. evening or weekend events). Compensation DOE.
Responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Rooming patients, obtaining vitals, assisting physicians and nurses as needed
- Preparing, capturing, transcribing, assembling, and maintaining patient medical records utilizing an electronic medical record (EMR) system
- Photographing patients for medical documentation and technical ability to manage photographs within EMR
- Must adhere to local and state licensing/certification laws and regulations
- Maintaining a professional and clean work environment and appearance.
- Knowledge and understanding of all spa services and product lines as it relates to aesthetic medicine
- Performing multiple skin care services including laser hair removal
- Promoting the benefits of our products and services
- Maintaining and developing a strong patient base
- Other duties as assigned
- Must have a warm, outgoing, collegial, and positive personality with excellent interpersonal skills, and strong communication skills used in all interactions with patients and staff
- Ability to have a calming presence in fast-paced environment
- Be a “face” of the practice to all current and potential patients and maintain a professional demeanor while representing our brand
- Ability to genuinely empathize and connect with patients on both a professional and personal level
- Willingness to learn and adopt Esprit’s clinical procedures and to learn and follow detailed scripts in talking with patients by phone and in-person
- Ability to communicate with new and existing patients effectively and professionally via phone, email, text messaging, and social media
- Ability to deal with patient complaints with an empathetic, solution-based approach
- Must be a detail-orientated, reliable, and motivated individual that can multi-task
- Strong organization skills and ability to work independently and as part of a team – willing to help all staff members
Required Experience and Education
- Licensed as both a medical assistant and aesthetician/esthetician to practice in the State of Oregon
- Experience in care of outpatient cosmetic surgery patients, dermatology and/or aesthetic medicine preferred
- Experience as a medical scribe and/or paraprofessional or possess strong knowledge and abilities to accurately and efficiently chart physician-patient encounters, in real-time during medical examinations
- Strong computer skills and familiarity with an EMR system
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- ABILITY TO ADHERE TO PATIENT AND PRACTICE CONFIDENTIALITY
- How many years of related experience do you have? Briefly explain.
- Are you willing to undergo a background check and drug testing, in accordance with local laws and regulations?
Please submit a short cover letter that clearly answers the questions above, along with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.